Thursday 12 November 2015

Progress Report

Storm Born and NaNoWriMo are still taking up most of my time this week. I'm happy to say that work on the novel has been going exceedingly well. My story line is proving to be quite strong so far, and I'm realizing that the world I created is much larger and complex than I anticipated. Not that I'm complaining about that– it's been nothing but fun. There will likely be a lot of work to go into Editing Phase 1 when I finish the novel (and considering how high my word count is, I'm expecting to hit 50K next week), and I can only imagine what the Beta readers and my editor are going to think. That being said, I have the first chapter on my NaNoWriMo page and would love some initial feedback on it.

Though most of my time is being devoted to this new standalone novel, I am concentrating on other projects. I'm still trying to think of a creepy storyline for the Bazaar of Bad Dreams competition being hosted by the legendary Stephen King, and just yesterday I finished the paperback formatting for Crimson Sky. I'm going to have to take some time next week and send out more review/tour requests for that novel. I'll try to do the same for Dark Divinity, but with the release date only 20 days away, I don't think there will be many spots open on review blogs anymore. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask!

I also took the time to set up my calendar for next year. I have all my projected release dates scheduled, along with the marketing and editing deadlines I need to help me get there. To say that I'm going to be busy is an understatement, but when you intend to release four full length novels and two novellas, busy is kind of a job requirement.

Not that you'll ever hear me grumbling. If I didn't love what I was doing, I wouldn't be doing it.

That's all the updating for now! I know it's not much, but it should tide you over until the weekend, when I do both a review and another 8Sunday snippet. Until then, cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment