Thursday 19 November 2015

Less Than Two Weeks Until DARK DIVINITY!

Since I'm still working away on my NaNoWriMo project, I haven't had much else to update on. That being said, I figured now would be a good time to remind everyone that the second novel in the Cursed series, Dark Divinity, will be released on Tuesday! Super excited (and admittedly, a little nervous) about this release and how much readers will enjoy it. So to help with that excitement, I thought I would share a snippet of another scene from the upcoming novel, and not from chapter one this time! Here you go!

          Her breath was shaky, and when her eyes finally did meet mine, they were filled with sheer terror.
         “Night... wretches,” she shuddered. “They have wretches with the night!”
         I had no idea what the hell she was talking about. My sister might not be human, but she wasn’t crazy. She was trying to explain something to me, but she was afraid of it. Max didn’t seem to know what she was talking about either. He closed his eyes the way he often did when he was trying to use his psychic gift. I looked at Sephiel. He had gone completely rigid, and seemed paler than before.
         He knew what she was talking about. And it terrified him.
         Beside him, Warrick looked just as uneasy. He walked over to us. Warrick gently put his hand on my sister’s shoulder.
         “Dro, are you absolutely sure that’s what you sensed?”
         She straightened and looked at him with the same scared expression. She held her breath and nodded quickly. He dropped his hand and stepped back.
         “Fuck,” he breathed.
         “Can someone give me a fucking clue here?” I demanded.
         Warrick was moving to the front of the alley, looking more serious than I had ever seen him. Sephiel was still frozen in a panic-stricken state that worried me. Finally, he answered my question.
         “She is not indicating it as you may assume, as in ‘the dark of night.’ She indicates the word knight, as in a demon Knight.” His eyes were grim. “They are the most elite of Lucifer’s soldiers. The assassins for Hell.”
           I didn’t need any further explanation. I knew earth-shattering bad news when I heard it.



Hell has risen. Heaven is descending. Sacrifices are made...

It’s been two months since Constance Ramirez’s adopted sister Andromeda was used as the Key to opening the Gates of Heaven and Hell. They escaped with their lives, but made countless enemies as a result.

Now that demons are beginning to weave into ordinary lives, their only hope is to find a way to close the Gates of Heaven and Hell before the angels and demons begin a war. Something that becomes only harder as one of Constance’s deadliest enemies resurfaces. 

But as they struggle to stay alive and find the Gates, they learn that a huge sacrifice will be required if they succeed, and this time, Constance isn’t sure the cost will outweigh the reward...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HMAZ1M

Hope you enjoyed that snippet! If you're interested in reading the full first chapter, you can do so on my press release page. That's a scene that those of you willing to buy the paperback copy will be happy to enjoy as soon as you open the book, but the Kindle pre-order is still available. Be sure to check back regularly for giveaways, reviews, and other news about this latest chapter of Constance and Dro's adventures. And, just because I like leaving readers with a little more enticement (and I love those kick-ass graphics from Deranged Doctor Design), here's another teaser!



Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment