Thursday 20 August 2015

Progress Report (And A Guest Post)

Okay, news. Earlier today, I had a guest post on Armand Rosamilia's blog where I talked about why authors shouldn't stress too much about reviews. I say this because I have a couple reviews I'm waiting on, and I'm both looking forward to what's going to be said, and how both Demon's Daughter and Path of the Horseman are going to be picked apart. Still, publicity is publicity, and I think it's pretty clear now that a decent amount of readers enjoyed the stories. 


Recently, I had my short story, Hell To Pay, released in Legends of Sleepy Hollow: Original Tales of Terror From America's Spookiest Village. I'm really happy about this release and encourage horror fans to pick it up. After all, the Legend of Sleepy Hollow is one of the oldest in the book, and it's exciting to see what other authors will do with that supernatural playground.

http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Sleepy-Hollow-Original-Spookiest/dp/1514838966


I've managed to find a Beta reader for Crimson Sky, the first novel in my Dark Sky trilogy set to be released next year. In exchange, I'll be reading and reviewing two of his books, so expect some sci-fi reviews in the coming weeks.

In about a week, I'll be commissioning for the cover of Dark Divinity, the second Cursed book. Around that time, I'll be searching for an editor for Crimson Sky as well. In the mean time, I'm going to continue writing Trick of the Gods, the first in my Areios Brothers series. I'm about ten chapters into the rough draft, and am loving every second of it.

I was looking at my calender, and if everything goes as planned, I'll have four books released next year. Four. Two Dark Sky novels (whether or not I'll publish the novellas as well remains to be seen), the final Cursed novel, and hopefully my standalone novel from this year's upcoming NaNoWriMo. That's also not including the other short stories and novella's I'm looking to release. Yeah. The independent writer thing really is a full time job!

So that's what's been happening with me! It goes without saying that I'm incredibly excited about it all, and can't wait to see how everything is received. Hopefully, the more books I have out will mean a little more income, a wider audience, and more opportunities. Neil Gaiman was definitely onto something when he said:

“This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It's that easy, and that hard.”


Hope everyone continues to enjoy their week!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment