Monday 22 June 2015

Weekly Recap

Last week was a great week for new words. I got most of my goals completed and made an important choice that will hopefully help my independent career, but more on that later. Here's what I had to do:

• Continue short story submissions
• Finish promo work and review requests for Demon's Daughter and Path of the Horseman
• Write and edit Blood Moon 14 (current WIP)
• Continue Smoke Sky

While I completed the short story I was working on, I'm choosing to no longer pursue open submissions. I went into more detail about it on last Thursday's post, but the gist is that I want to concentrate on my own work rather than struggle with stories that I won't get to expand on. I'm a novelist, not a short story author at heart. That being said, the Blood Moon series will continue for at least another nine stories, leading into next year. So with that in mind, here's what I'm aiming for this week:

• Edit Blood Moon 14
• Continue Smoke Sky

A short list, but an easy one to accomplish. I'm working on the final battle scene of Blood Moon 14 (you can read the beginning of it here) so I should be able to finish the final draft in the next couple days. After that, I'll be getting back to the Dark Sky series and completing the Smoke Sky novella. I went through some writers block, but now I'm just going to soldier through it so I can fix any and all issues in the editing phase. I've been craving a longer, more challenging project, and am working my way up to it again.

So that's it for now! Still waiting on some reviews, but hopefully at least one of them will be back by Thursday so I can post them. Until then, I hope you have a great week!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment