Monday 25 May 2015

Weekly Recap

Last week turned out really well in terms of writing. I completed two short stories and sent one in (the other needs a little more editing but will go in this week), and received the final proof of Cursed: Demon's Daughter's paperback. Path of the Horseman still needs a little more work, but I should be getting the lighter version of the cover soon. Details on what I completed last week:

• Begin promos for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Edit through Amber Sky, the first Dark Sky novella
• Continue short story submissions
• Begin Smoke Sky, the second Dark Sky novella

I feel like this is going to be a productive week, so here's what I'm going to try and do:

• Begin promos for Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Continue short story submissions
• Write and edit Blood Moon 13
• Edit Amber Sky
• Begin Smoke Sky, the second Dark Sky novella

Now that I'm pleased with the cover and interior for Cursed: Demon's Daughter, I can officially begin doing some promos. The release date is scheduled for June 2, though as with Path of the Horseman, some of the websites might take a little while to have the ebook version (I'm going with BookBaby again). I'll be buying some copies for giveaways, so stay tuned for those!

I never get tired of looking at this cover. :)

I started Blood Moon 13 yesterday (wow, can't believe I've written 13 of these blog shorts), and my next few short stories should go by pretty smoothly. I'm also planning the one for the Michael J. Sullivan contest, which means that Derek and Liam are coming back. I chose to write an Areios Brothers short story/prequel so I can familiarize myself with the new world I'm making before I reboot the series. Reluctant as I am to change certain things, I want the series to be different from most Greek mythology based fiction, and I think the new world I'm building will help with that. Since this will be my next major series once Dark Sky is done, I figured it would be a good idea to get the idea train rolling with this one. Plus, when I'm writing Derek and Liam's adventures, I get totally sucked in and everything falls into place. Maybe that won't help me win the contest, but it will get my though process going.

Speaking of contests, this is your last week to enter for a FREE paperback copy of Avast, Ye Airships! To do so, leave a comment here telling me why or what you love about steampunk. One winner will be chosen at random, but I'll be keeping an eye out for anyone who leaves a kind word or two about Path of the Horseman, (which got another fantastic review). Contest closes on Thursday, so get your entries in now!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TYO6ZCA http://www.amazon.com/Path-Horseman-Amy-Braun-ebook/dp/B00V8YXK6I


And that's all for now! As I said earlier, I'm feeling really good about writing this week... And yes, I know the week just started, but it's good to have that feeling, right? Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the beautiful weather!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment