Monday 27 October 2014

Weekly Recap And NaNo Prep


Well, I'm clearly back from Las Vegas. I had an excellent vacation, except for the day I got a minor dose of food poisoning. Side note: Don't get the deep fried Oreos from Freemont Street. I know, they sound like a Vegas style treat and they're only $1.00, but your stomach will not thank you the next morning. Especially when you think eating fruit will cancel it out, and you realize too late that the fruit is going bad. Ahem.

But other than that, I had a great time. I met up with old friends, saw the Grand Canyon (WOW), hung out by the pool, had other great foods, did lots of shopping, met the Joker, had a free shot, and bought tons of chocolate. You can see photos from my trip on Instagram if you're so inclined.

While I spent most of the vacation in a tourist haze, I did manage to get some editing done on my Cursed series and planned a future story. Let's face it– I couldn't bring my laptop to the pool. That where people start getting drunk. I also did some more research on my NaNo novel, which I'll give you more details about in a moment. Here's what I accomplished last week:

Finish rough draft of Areios Brothers 3
Edit Areios Brothers 3
Edit all Cursed novels and send to editor (The edits for Cursed 3 need to be done)
• Continue to work with cover artist for NaNo novel and Cursed series
• More prep and detail work for NaNo novel
 
Since NaNo starts this weekend, I don't think I'll be able to finish the edits for Cursed 3 or Areios Brothers 3. I also won't be writing a Blood Moon short during November, though I will be posting one at the end of this month. It's Halloween, after all, and that's when werewolves like to come out and play. Here's what I'll be doing this week:

• Continue to work with cover artist for NaNo novel and Cursed series (though I think I might be looking for an illustrator since there are only so many royalty free images out there)
• Edit and post final chapters of Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Edit and post Blood Moon 7
• More prep and detail work for NaNo novel
• Begin writing NaNo novel

Okay, I know I've been teasing about my NaNo novel for a long, long time now, and I think it's only fair that I let you in on what it will be about. To sum it up, here's the prompt that I came across randomly, and was extremely inspired by:


That's right. My NaNo novel is about the Four Horesemen, and is called Path Of The Horseman. I've always loved the idea of them, as terrifying as they are, and I think I've come up with a really cool story for them. I'm still working on tweaking the storyline, but it should be done either today or tomorrow. Meaning, it better be, because holy sh!t, November is just days away! I'll give more information on the story on Thursday, including the synopsis and an excerpt. If you're too curious right now, you can check out the board I have on Pinterest.

I admit that I'm a little nervous, since my plot has changed a little over the last few days. That's one thing you definitely don't want to happen during NaNo, especially when you're going to publish your novel once it's completed. But I still feel confident enough that once I get started writing, I won't want to stop. I love this idea, I can picture it, and I want to write it. Those are the keys to winning, right?

So it will be a busy, but great week. I hope you enjoy yours! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment