Friday 31 October 2014

Monthly Goals: November aka NaNoWriMo

November is finally here, and we all know what that means. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's NaNoWriMo– National Novel Writing Month. This means I'm dedicating the whole month to one project and one project only: Path of the Horseman. Now that all the details have been worked out, I'm thrilled to get started on this standalone novel. It's going to be pretty wild to write, and I can't wait to see what the end result is.

Speaking of end results, I've completed the edits of my Cursed series, which are now ready for both an editor and covers. The editing likely won't start taking place until December (NaNo and schedules, etc), but that will give me time to work through my other edits and get back onto other projects, like returning to my blog series Blood Moon and the Areios Brothers.

So aside from finishing Path of the Horseman, I don't have any goals this month. That of course will change when the novel is completed. I'm confident that I'll make the 50K, and am excited to see how the novel plays out. I've planned for basically everything I could, but this is still a relatively new idea and I'm not entirely sure what will happen when I get writing. But as a writing colleague recently told me, "Sometimes we don’t recognize that the story is all there, we just have to trust."

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment