Thursday 2 October 2014

Inside The Demon's Head

Yesterday I received something very special: A printed copy of the upcoming  AMOK! anthology by April Moon Books, which features my short story Dark Intentions And Blood. I'm so thrilled to be part of this anthology, which features a total of twenty-six terrifying tales of " psychological decline and murderous frenzy!" I'm excited to read the rest of the stories in the anthology to see what everyone else came up with. I can tell you there are deranged cops, monsters, zombies, insane office workers, even a berserk pig! As far as I know, Dark Intentions And Blood is the only story featuring a demon, and telling its side of the story.

The proof!
Since the story is so short, I'll sum it up in a single sentence: A demon has taken over a body, and is intent on wrecking havoc, unless a group of brave humans can find a way to stop it.

To put it bluntly, I love this story. Since my Cursed trilogy is all about demons, it's not the first time I've written about a character being possessed. But a story about the demon doing the possessing? I can't remember the last time I read anything like that, let alone read it. When the idea came to me, I couldn't resist it, and in one day, I wrote the rough draft, did my edits, and submitted it. It's a dark, nasty, wild ride from start to finish, and I couldn't be more happy with the results. Clearly I was doing something right, because this was the story that earned me an Editors Award for "author voice, world-building and general bad-assery."

I hope a lot of people pick up this anthology, because it's definitely unlike anything else you'll read. Don't forget– All Hallows Read is coming up, and this is the perfect novel for the season!

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    Congrats on your acceptance in Amok! My copy arrived today (pointed out my name in the TOC to my kids who were excited!) so I'll be diving in and having a read of the other authors. I think I'll read yours first!

    Regards,

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I've got a roadtrip coming up so I'm going to read AMOK! the whole way there! Really excited to see what kind of twisted stories the other authors came up with. Can't wait to get to yours! ;)

      Delete