Sunday 31 August 2014

Monthly Goals: September

August is now finished, which means it's time for a whole new set of goals!

It was a great month from me. In addition to my short story Call From The Grave, I had an e-novella and a short story in an anthology released. Needfire is still available on Amazon.ca, Kindle, and Kobo, which I find crazy exciting. Charlatan Charade was also released in Breaking Fate's Lost In The Witching Hour anthology, which has both a Kindle and paperback version. I'm excited to get my paperback copy– my first physically published work! I'm selling copies of all the stories, but every litter bit helps. Even more helpful is buying a copy and leaving a positive review. Not that I'm trying to implant suggestions or anything. *wink wink.*

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple other publisher's I've submitted to. I feel good about the stories I sent in, though one of them may have been outside the guidelines. In my defense it was never really clear what needed to be in the story, so hopefully I wrote something interesting enough for them to take it seriously and consider it for publishing. We'll see what happens!

I should be finishing the rough draft for Blood Moon 6 soon, which means I'll be going back to  Cursed: Damnation's Door in (hopefully) about a week. My goal is to finish the final rough draft for the series, do a little editing on Dark Divinity, then submit it to a professional editor. I'll also have to look for a good cover artist with a reasonable rate. I may have someone in mind, though suggestions in the comments are welcome and encouraged.

Lastly, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for my NaNo novel. I had an idea that I thought I really liked, but I don't think I'm feeling it as strongly as I used to. I don't know if that's because I'm not as into the subject matter as I thought, if the inspiration hasn't come yet, or if I just haven't sat down to think about it enough. I'm considering another story, since I want to publish at least one full length novel next year, and I don't want to put out something that I'm not completely in love with.

So, that's September for me! Not a long list, but what needs to be done on it is quite substantial. Since I don't have the long weekend off (damn you, Real Job!) I hope all my fellow Canadians enjoy it! This is the last gasp before some of you have to go back to school, so relax while you can.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment