Thursday 24 July 2014

Beauty Through The Eyes Of A Predator

It was a long, tiring, aggravating day at work, and while I thought about my writing, I wasn't sure what to think of for a blog post. So here's a playlist, which I haven't done in a while:

1. The Gilded Dagger - Richard Sjunnesson, Roland Johannsson
2. Deep Within - Within Temptation
3. Hangman - Rev Theory
4. Fallback - Spineshank
5. Just Stop - Disturbed
6. Acheron/Unleashing The Orb - The Sword
7. I Know You Want To Stop - Placebo
8. Hysteria - Motion City Soundtrack
9. Gimme Gimme Bloodshed - Wednesday 13
10. Kill You - Dethklok
11. Beauty Through The Eyes Of A Predator - Demon Hunter
12. Lords Of Salem - Rob Zombie
13. Overcome - As I Lay Dying
14. M.O. - From First To Last
15. Simple - Dark New Day
16. Paper Lung (MachineA Remix) - Underoath
17. Christians Inferno - Green Day
18. Excess - Tricky


Demon Hunter has been one of my favorite bands for years. I love their lyrics, style, and variety. One of their best songs is Beauty Through The Eyes Of A Predator (honestly, who can't love that title?). This is one of those songs where everyone interprets it differently. To me, the lyrics are about someone who sees a corrupt person in power as what they really are. I can think of a ton of stories I can apply this song to, but this mostly translates to the Areios Brothers. It definitely reminds me of the relationship Derek has with his father. Or should I say, lack of one. To see what I mean, remember that you can read Hollow Hill and its prequel Cold Trail on my blog or on Figment.

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment