Monday 30 June 2014

Weekly Recap

The last week was mostly editing, so I pretty much just completed that as far as goals:

• Look at how to self-publish on all the sites I want to sell Needfire and future work
Needfire edits (if they come back)
• Complete Blood Moon 4 write, edit, post, and send for review
• Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door
Edit Blood Moon 3 and prep it for posting
Edit Hollow Hill's final chapters and prep it for posting
Edit Cursed: Demon's Daughter chapters 10 & 11 and prep it for posting
Edit Cold Trail chapters 3 & 4


Here's what I'm hoping to do next week, and actually cross these off the list

• Look at how to self-publish on all the sites I want to sell Needfire and future work
Needfire edits (I think I'll be hiring another editor)
• Complete Blood Moon 4 write, edit, and send for review
• Continue Cursed: Damnation's Door

I'll actually be thinking more about Needfire since I'm getting a little impatient with the editor who said she would work on it. She half completed a review two months ago. I can be very patient and understand that she has other people on her list, but I have had no communication from her since. I may be going with an editor I previously used, and once she gets back to me, then I'll be able to look at how to officially publish my first independent short story.

Except that it technically won't be my first published short story, because Call From The Grave comes out tomorrow! I can't even begin to share how excited I am. I know that it's not the same as an agent accepting my work or a book deal and it won't be going on shelves (it's an e-book only), but this is still a huge step. I'm proud of myself and really look forward to what readers think about it. The same thought makes me a little nervous, but that's only a by-product of excitement, right?

Speaking of short stories, I've also begun a new one for another Mocha Memoirs submission. It's a story concept I've been wanting to write since I was thirteen years old, and steampunk has made it possible. I'll be going into more detail about it in my upcoming monthly post, but here's the gist: air pirates versus vampires. Think it's a crazy idea? Me too. But if anybody can make something out of it, it's this gal.

Anyway, that's my upcoming week! Tomorrow I'll get the links to Call From The Grave and post them on the blog, as well as on my Facebook and Twitter pages. Right now, I think I'll have a chocolate bar to celebrate. Hope everyone has a great week!

Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment