Monday 12 May 2014

Weekly Recap (and Lots of News)

Wow, was last week ever exciting! I have so much to share with you guys, so let's get the recap out of the way. Here's what I accomplished last week:
• Finish Cold Trail
• Start a good vs bad twin flash story for a competition I want to enter
Cursed: Dark Divinity and Cold Trail edits

• Start Cursed: Damnation's Door

Not bad, huh? Cursed: Dark Divinity has only a few more chapters to edit, which I'm sure I'll get done by the end of this week. Here's my list:

Cursed: Dark Divinity edit completion
• Start Cursed: Damnation's Door 
• Edit Needfire and prep it for release
• Plot line for Blood Moon 3

I don't think it will be hard to get a lot of these done, since it's a long weekend up here in Canada and I don't have any major plans. I'm not complaining though– all the time to myself means extra time to write and achieve more goals, and let me tell you, a lot has been happening in my writing world! First of all, Needfire has a beautiful cover that I'm happy to share with you all! Ta da!

Thank you's to Bailey and Jann Hellsten. Licensed under CC BY 2.0
Since we're coming up on summer, I'm going to be learning about how to self-publish my first short story. It will be a learning experience, that's for sure.

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I participated in a not-anthology, and am pleased to announce that everything is now confirmed and one of my short stories will be published by Mocha Memoirs Press! I'm thrilled about this chance and know I will learn a lot from it. I get the feeling I'll be working with a lot of industry professionals and getting a better idea of how the business end of things run, which will help a lot when I decide to sell Needfire.

Those of you who follow me on Facebook and Twitter will likely already know this tidbit: A third story has been accepted for yet another anthology! It's called AMOK! and it will be published sometime in September by Canadian publishers April Moon Books. I'm super, super excited about this opportunity for a bunch of reasons: 1) It'll be cool to be part of an anthology made by Canadian publisher, 2) The anthology is really unique and will be a terrific read, and 3) I'm proud of the story I wrote.

It's amazing to me that three of my stories have been accepted this year alone. I worked hard on them and am really attached to the pieces. It's the best feeling in the world to work on a story, have personal pride and confidence in it, and then to find out that someone wants to help you get those stories out to other readers. Every time I think about it, I get a huge smile on my face, and all I can think about is writing more to get more stories out there.

I'll share more details as they come up, so stay tuned! Cheers!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment