Saturday 19 October 2013

You Know That Saying About Headless Chickens...

Two cities and a million calorie overdoses later, I'm back home and ready to get back into the grind of working and writing. The time off was amazing. I got to enjoy the fun weirdness of Las Vegas and getting to try things we don't have up here in Canada, and being back in Edmonton with my family and friends was even more fun. If you follow me on Instagram, you can see all the foods that put me in a coma I got to enjoy.

Coming back was less than thrilling, however. I was the victim of a 'restructure' at my work, which I did not see coming and now I'm stuck on the job hunt. Anyone looking for a creative writer or a copywriter or a data entry clerk or anyone who likes to write? Anyways, this is highly unwelcome since NaNo is coming up in less than two weeks and I'm still not totally ready. Having said all this, you'll have to forgive any lack in posting over the next little while. It isn't because I'm not writing, but I do have bills and groceries, and sadly no one wants to pay me for my creative mind. Yet. ;) 

I'm still doing some writing. I got some more of Cursed: Demon's Daughter finished, as well as more notes for Elemental Army and a new series outline for Agents of Limbo. I also added new goals for each of the main characters in my stories so they aren't just running around trying to stay alive (thank you Writer Unboxed), and came up with the basics of another couple series I have so when I get back to them I know what I'll want to do. It sounds like I'm taking on a lot and maybe I am, but I really have been just focusing on Cursed and prepping Hollow Hill for November.

Speaking of Hollow Hill, I'm deciding on what to do as far as posting the story's progress on the blog, as well as feedback and word counts, and I may post actual snippets online like I did with the prologue of Cursed: Demon's Daughter. I'd love to get opinions on this since I won't have time to wait for rewrites and reviews (2,000 words a day for 30 days! :S), so leave a comment in the comments section!

For those of you waiting on the next chapter of Cursed: Demon's Daughter, it is on its way. It's out for review right now but I should be getting it back next week and then once I did the edits it'll be ready to go!

The 500 Word Challenges should be starting up again tomorrow, and I'll be putting more Cursed updates in soon. There's a lot happening but I'm really looking forward to it and am always looking to hear what people think. Feel free to leave a comment of question in the section below, because comments are love!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment