Monday 28 October 2013

Weekly Recap

Last week was highly productive. I got almost everything on my list done:
• Finish another chapter of Cursed ... Even better- I finished it!
Have Cursed chapter one reviewed and edited, ready for blog posting
Have Hollow Hill edited and detailed and completely ready to go for NaNoWriMo
• Post a blog update about Cursed
• Get back to my writing challenges


Yes, that's right: I finished my first rough draft of Cursed: Demon's Daughter. Granted, this doesn't mean that it's finished. I still have a lot of editing to do, as well as a bunch of scenes that I didn't add in during the first version. There's still a long road ahead, but hopefully sometime in the early year I'll have all the edits finished and will be able to send it out to get some attention or do some self-publishing. 

This week's goals are a little more demanding, especially since the end of the month is almost here and I'm starting a new job that is waaaaay far away for me:

• Post the next chapter of Cursed: Demon's Daughter
• Edit through chapter 2 of Cursed: Demon's Daughter and prep it for posting at the end of Nov.
• Short story for Halloween (which is almost finished and just needs some editing)
• Final preparations for Hollow Hill 
• Begin NaNoWriNo and Hollow Hill

Am I going to lose my mind next week? Almost definitely. Is that okay with me? It must be, because that's a list of chores that I actually want to do. Yes, even the editing. You know a career is calling to you when you actually want to do the crappy, boring, stressful parts of it.

I apologize in advance if I miss some of the 500 Word Challenges over the next few days. If I do, it will be because of work and travel and me not having enough time to get to them. But I will do my very best! See you next week!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment