Thursday 26 September 2013

Holy Diver

I meant to post another 500 Word Challenge today, but they take longer than you might realize, and I only got 4.5hrs of solid sleep last night. Excuses, excuses, I know, but at least I got a post in, right? I want to say I'll make up for it tomorrow, but the truth is that tomorrow will be an early night for me because on Saturday morning I'm going to be at the Toronto Military Show for my work at eMedals. It's going to be a long day, since I'll be up at a lovely 4:00A.M. and spend most of the day sitting around and wishing I was writing. Sigh.

So here's a post of some music I was listening and thinking to today. Soooo many good songs that it was really hard to choose from...

1. Bring Her Down (To Crippletown) - Rob Zombie
2. Lost In Darkness - Escape The Fate
3. Makedamnsure - Taking Back Sunday
4. Another Know It All - Chevelle
5. I'm With Stupid - Static-X
6. Holy Diver - Killswitch Engage
7. Decode - Paramore
8. The Messenger - Thrice
9. Bloodtrocuted - Dethklok
10. The Lovesong Writer - Thursday
11. Get Up! - Korn feat. Skrillex
12. Innocence - Disturbed
13. Heartache Every Moment - H.I.M.
14. Demon Speeding - Rob Zombie
15. Crooked Spoons - Otep
16. Meet The Wretched - DevilDriver
17. Lunatic - Static-X
18. Bring Me To Life - Evanescence


But Killswitch Engage wins because, well, they're Killswitch Engage! The video makes me laugh, but I love this song because not only does it sound badass, the lyrics (originally by Dio) are basically about someone getting caught up in their own lies, being found out, and dealing with the consequences, which happens more often than not in my writing.

Since I did all my chores today, I will try to get a 500 Word Challenge in tomorrow. But if I can't, then on Saturday I'll post another one. Might even be 1000 Words to make up for the backlog before the weekend rolls in and I get into Cursed mode. Speaking of the Challenges, I would love some feedback and ideas for short stories! Send me a comment and I just might choose your concept! :)

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment